If you’re moving home and are looking for some storage solutions, we have some to share. From moving into new builds to decorating your new property before you move in, self storage is a great way to keep your goods safe and secure. We all know that moving home can be stressful at the best of times, so by choosing self storage whilst you organise things or wait for everything to fall into place, you may be surprised at how much easier moving can be.
Storage Solutions When Moving Properties
Storing your goods are is becoming more and more popular. For many reasons, home and business owners are looking for storage companies to keep hold of their goods whilst they move. This offers the perfect solution for those who may be moving aboard for a short period, as it allows them to store their belongings whilst they sell or rent their current property. It also has become extremely convenient for those who have bought a new build property that may not be ready to move into when their current home sale has gone through. Likewise for home or business owners who are storing their belongings safely away from the premises whilst they redecorate or complete any work before they move in properly. For whatever reason you choose self storage, it gives a convenient solution while you move or travel.
7 Reasons Self Storage Can Help When Moving
Moving home can be an exciting yet really stressful time. From packing to the actual moving day, there’s always a surprise along the way. So by preparing for things to happen or having everything set in place can make everything less demanding. It’s likely to be one of the most stressful times in your life, so by using a self storage unit you can expect to find the process much easier. That said, here are 7 reasons why self storage can help when moving:
- It encourages you to declutter before moving
- If you’re moving ‘between houses’ self storage will come in extra handy
- Unpack in your own time
- If you’re decorating your new home, storing your furniture and belongings will help massively
- If you don’t miss an item when you get it back, lose it!
- It makes the moving day much less stressful
- It’s a safe and secure way to store your belongings until you’re ready or able to move
No matter your situation when moving, self storage can come in extremely handy. It gives you the option to keep your belongings in a safe and secure building whilst you prepare for the move. Whether you’re moving to a new build that isn’t ready or you are decorating your new property before moving in, storage facilities offer huge benefits.
Whether you’re looking for tips for packing and moving straight into your next property or need advice on how to keep items when in storage, these tips will help. Moving home can be difficult, so sometimes the easiest of jobs can be the most daunting. Packing up being one, especially if you’re packing up the whole house in a short period of time. To help take the pressure off, we have some storage tips that are designed to help no matter what or where you’re packing up for.
- If you use vacuum bags for clothes or bedding, add a scented tumble dryer sheet
- Haven’t worn it in the last year? Then chuck it, it’s likely you won’t wear it ever again
- When boxing up, label each box with what’s inside or which room it’s going in
- Store similar things in the same box wherever possible, or categorise the boxes into rooms or particular items
- Probably the most obvious, pack fragile items with bubble wrap, packing paper or even use blankets
- Declutter things you don’t actually need and sell them to help pay for new furniture
- Use small boxes for heavy items, it makes transporting them easier and will cause less damage
- Take pictures of electronics so you know how they’re set up
- Heavy items / boxes go at the bottom of the unit, then lighter ones on top, so remember this when packing up the van or car
- Tape the boxes up tight, this will be extremely helpful when moving the boxes out of the storage unit, just don’t forget the scissors when you unpack!
These tips will come in handy whether you’re moving straight into your next home or storing items first. You may even find that these tips give you ideas on what else you can do to make the move easier, and if you do, let us know so we can share!